Scaling is the process of removing tartar that accumulates in the mouth due to inadequate oral hygiene.
What are the Damages of Dental Calculus?
- Tartar occurs at the junction of the tooth and gum. This causes inflammation of the gums in the area where the calculus is located.
- Causes gum disease and gum recession
- Causes bleeding in the gums in the area where they are located
- Dental calculus, if not cleaned, causes the jawbone where the teeth are located to melt over time, leading to tooth loss.
- Causes bad breath due to poor oral hygiene
- May cause tooth decay
- Since tartar forms a rough and sticky surface, it causes discoloration more easily in the area where it is located.